«

June 13, 2018 Old Mill HOA Board Meeting Minutes

OLD MILL BOARD NOTES

June 13th 2018

7:00 start in attendance

   Rick, Kenny, Richard, Doug, Tracy, Cory, Jessica. Justin Benson observing and Erin to present land scape quotes.

Last meeting minutes reviewed and accepted.

POND UPDATE –

BULK HEAD is started, Contractor is KGB, Most pond owners have turned in their contracts,

  Whoever does not have the bulk head built now will loose land at a faster rate then before.

KGB quote for fixing of WEIR  $109.00 a foot.

Rob arrived – 7:13

FINANCE –

Home Owners dues current, behind, options discussed.

ANY CHOICES MADE TO BE MADE and VOTED ON AS A BOARD!

LANDSCAPING –

Erin presented 2 proposals and used our current agreement as our 3rd option.

Legacy Lawn, DB Extension Lawn, and Mow Masters

Legacy and Extension are both certified landscapers, irrigation, chemical usage, and flower beds.

Mow Masters – cuts grass

Extension also offered if her received the contract to teach a volunteer in the neighborhood how to feed the grass inbetween his visits.

Legacy and Extension both stated our grass is being cut too short and the weeds are fighting for control. Both entrances need major over hauls.

Rick requested intimized pricing for mulch, pruning, removing dead plants, replacing with new plants. Cost to bring the entrances to BEAUTIFUL again. 

   Estimates will be obtained.

ROB – ANY AND ALL CONTRACTS SIGNED MUST BE VOTED ON AS A GROUP BY THE BOARD.

 Copies of all contracts will be kept and the secretary will be given copies for safe keeping in the HOA files.

Rick – Seasonal  decorations are being tabled but need to be discussed at future meeting.

NO STREET PARKING SIGNS

How many and where they can not can not be placed in the neighborhood to remind visitors and residents per our by laws we are not to park on our streets. It can be a safety issue for children and people walking.

Kenny noted we can not put the signs on street or stop signs.

 

Tracy requested for assignments and duties to be discussed and outlined for board members and committees.

Rob stated committees can bring there proposals to the board and we will VOTE ON THEM AS A BOARD

 Committees do nothing on their own!

Any changes to the HOA website will ONLY be requested/made after voted on by the BOARD as a BOARD.

  No one should be requesting changes without BOARD approval. Not one person on the board, after a board vote.

WE DO NOTHING BY OURSELVES.  WE ARE A GROUP WE WORK AS A GROUP.

PLAYGROUND –

SEE SAW is here – schedule a work day for clean up and installation.  Place see saw under tree… possible rubber mulch instead of rocks.

New swing set options were discussed, preferably commercial grade, ADA hand rail, ANSI certified,,,

Cory- is to get quotes for parking lot repair.

POOL COMMITTEE-

 pool lights have been replaced and are on a timer. Go on at dusk, shut off around 10pm

pool cover waiting on Russell  Pool – Kenny will call for update.

Rick – security monitors visible around poo area.

Rob – could be seen as invasion of privacy. Even though it is not a personal pool.

Jessica – Maybe only make them visible after pool hours.

Tabled for future discussion.

Rob – requested copies of all contracts again.

   ALL CONTRACTS HERE ON OUT ARE TO BE VOTED ON AND APPROVED BY THE BOARD. A COPY IS TO BE GIVEN TO THE SECERTARY TO BE KEPT IN THE HOA FOLDER.

SOCIAL COMMITTEE –

Jessica – presented a monthly event for the next year and a budget. 

 Hopefully this will be a annual event calendar for OLD MILL.

CONSESSION STAND ideas

Jessica – small stand ran by hoa or approved person during certain times.

Rick – Vending Machines

Rob would like more info. Topic tabled until more info can be provided. Jessica to get this info. Including residents thoughts.

Jessica- making common area of pong more friendly. Benches, Lights, safer bridge.

Rick – agreed benches would be nice.

Jessica – pointed out lighting as a safety issue.

Rick – Work day for bridge repair needs to be set.