«

May 2021 HOA Board Meeting Minutes

March Old Mill HOA Executive Meeting

May 11, 2021, 6:30pm

Present: Stephanie Brown, Rick Munch, Richard Thompson, Kristin Stair, Rob Ray, Alberta Gauthier; Elizabeth Waguespack, Pat Thompson

Absent: Damian Manning

Call to order
The meeting was called to order at 6:35pm by Secretary Kristin Stair

Approval of March Minutes/Old Business
Stephanie Brown reviewed the minutes of the April board meeting since Kristin Stair was not able to attend that meeting.

Stephanie Brown moved to approve the minutes as presented
Kristin Stair seconded the motion.
With no further discussion, the minutes were approved.

Treasurer’s Report
Richard Thompson reviewed the Treasurer’s report that was send to the board via email.

The HOA currently has $77,116 dollars in dues collected. There have been 11 homeowners who have not paid. Richard will be sending a second late letter out to those 11 individuals. One individual has not paid and has a history of not paying. It was suggested that the house have a lien put on it. Richard suggested that this property be treated consistently with others who have not paid so a group can be sent to the attorney at one time.

There were several expenses including $595 professional fees for income tax filing, fees for irrigation and fence repairs and related supplies, and $275.13 for annual meeting printing costs.

Refunds will need to go out to homeowners who paid dues without their work credits being applied.

Approximately $1,065 was spent on re-grouting the pool. Richard asked about paying the remainder of the cost to the contractor. Rick has a few things to check with the contractor and then will have the contractor send an invoice for payment.

Stephanie Brown moved to approve the treasurer’s report
Rob Ray seconded the motion
With no objections, the motion passed

Community Management Services Overview presented by Ken Barden

Mr. Barden presented an overview of his company and what services they offer. He presented the way that the company oversees properties as well as reviewed the services they provide and the cost of the service.

The board will be reviewing two other companies over the course of the next month.


Vice-President’s Report
Rick reviewed the updates on items on the action items Google Doc

 

Architectural Committee Report
Damian was absent. He sent a report in to the board via text message earlier in the day regarding paint colors for several newly painted houses. Three houses were painted this past year and did not get their pain colors approved in advance. They currently do not match the look and feel of the rest of the subdivision.

The board recommended that letters go out to those homeowners notifying them that the paint colors need to be changed.

The first round of Spring yard violations will be going out this week.

Improvement Committee Report
Kristin Stair presented the HOA survey results to the board. (see attached for summary)

She will be following up with AgCenter regarding the tree on the pond lot.

Also, based on survey results, she will be checking with the Ascension Master Gardeners group to see if they will be interested in doing workshops monthly or every other month.

 

Pool committee
Work days are scheduled for this Wednesday and Thursday. We are hoping to get it completely ready so the pool can be opened as soon as the chemicals allow.

Stephanie Read the letter that will be sent to homeowners regarding the bulkhead fees. The HOA originally agreed to pay for backfill and reinstall any fencing that needed to be removed due to installation of bulkhead. Payment was capped at $2,000. HOA has kept that amount in the budget and that will end as of April 1 of 2024. At that time, the amount will no longer be carried over into the budget.

The letter will be approved over email and Richard will send them via certified mail upon approval.

 

If the letters are not accepted we will hand deliver with a witness to the homeowners.

 

Social Committee
Elizabeth Waguespack will be working to create a social event coming up soon. Some initial ideas were discussed but due to time, this was not followed up on at this month’s meeting. This will be discussed again at the June meeting.

 

Adjournment

Due to time constraints and inclement weather, the meeting adjourned at 8:36pm.