January 2021 HOA Board Meeting Minutes

January Old Mill HOA Executive Meeting

January 13th 2021, 6:30pm

Present: Stephanie Brown, Rick Munch, Richard Thompson, Kristin Stair, Rob Ray, Damian Manning, Allison Mitchell

Absent: Alberta Gauthier

The meeting was called to order at 6:32 by Kristin Stair.

Approval of December Minutes/Old Business
Kristin Stair reviewed the minutes of the December board meeting.

Stephanie Brown moved to accept the minutes.
Rick Munch seconded the motion
With no objections, the motion to accept the minutes was approved

Treasurer’s Report

Richard Thompson reviewed the Treasurer’s report that was send to the board via email.

The HOA currently has $1,833.20 in checking and $76,894.84 in savings.  The water bill was over $500.00 this month which is over budget. We used estimated utilities from previous years, which proved to not be adequate. This needs to be adjusted for next year.

The property damage and liability costs for last year was $6,490, this year it has gone up to $7,670.83

Playground repairs, club house maintenance and pool maintenance and repair all added additional expenditures for this year.

One of the late dues payments has been paid, liens have been filed on the other properties that have not paid.

The fence insurance claim has been filed and the adjustor has been met with. The adjustor’s report has been filed and we are now waiting for underwriter approval which may take a few more weeks until the adjustors quote is approved.

Stephanie Brown asked about the remining payments to KGB, it was determined that there is one payment left.

Stephanie moved to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented.
Rob Ray seconded the motion.
With no objections, the motion passed

Vice-President’s Report
Rick Munch presented the Vice-President’s Report. He had no major new updates. Pool re-grouting is currently being completed. The wrong color grout was installed, it had to be pulled up and redone. An invoice has been sent out for payment on work already completed. The contractor has requested a walk through for payment on work completed since the curing on the grout will take up to 21 days. The HOA need to make sure that sealing is completed, and coping tiles are grouted underneath and above. The total cost of the work is $8,500 plus the cost of the additive. He is asking for the HOA to pay $7,225 with the remainder due when the rest of the work is complete. Stephanie Brown will reach out to the contractor to see if he can meet and she and Damian will complete the walk through.

The contractor has agreed to clean the pool after he has finished.

The pool company indicated that once the pool has filled naturally to a certain point they will  need to come back out to treat it before it can be recovered.

The fence company delivered the materials to repair the damaged fences today. The expected start date is the 18th or the 19th.

Rick will get a check for the remaining half of the payment when work is completed.

The fence from Rivergate has not been put up. Rick has reached back out to the subdivision and they still have not gotten the contract set up to get the fence installed.

Architectural Committee Report
Rick Munch asked Damian Manning about pending requests for architectural approval. There was one request for a concrete addition and Damian has already followed up on it. Another request is in for approval for a pool. Damian will be following up with them this weekend.

A house near the parking lot was complaining about sewage odor. Rick replied back to them to make sure that they knew to contact the water company.

Damian has 2 or 3 additional requests that he will follow-up with this weekend.

Welcome committee report
Alberta Gauthier was not able to attend the meeting and had no new updates.

Social Committee Report
No new updates

Pool committee
Stephanie reported that the club house is rented on Saturday. They will be decorating tomorrow evening.

Kristin Stair asked if the donated Christmas trees will be ok where they are and Stephanie confirmed that they were ok to stay in place for the event.

Beautification Committee
Kristin Stair provided an update about the Christmas Tree Recycling Program, we currently have about 6 trees. She consulted with Dr. Lutz at LSU AgCenter and he gave her some direction on sinking the trees and shared some resources to share with the board.




Kristin will send out the HOA survey to coincide with dues collection. A note about the survey can be added to the dues collection letter, hard copies sent out with the dues letter, electronic survey link sent out on Facebook, and hard copies available when homeowners pay dues.

President’s Report
Rob Ray asked Stephanie Brown to send a facebook post reminding the neighborhood that dogs should be leashed.


New Business

The process for landscaping violations was discussed and finalized. For first offenses, an email will be sent to residents. The second violation will result in a letter being sent to the homeowner followed by a person visit for the third offense.

For repeated violations, the homeowner situation will be brought to the board for possible approval of MowMasters to come take care of any yard maintenance issues at the homeowners expense.

Stephanie Brown and Damian Manning will work on adding the violations protocol to the form and then she can send information out over email.


Rob talked with a resident about painting the sign. He is willing to do it, but it might not be immediately.

The stop sign for gate sign is faded. Stephanie will follow-up with Rick to see if it belongs to the HOA or the Parish and if it belongs to the HOA, it can be replaced.


With no further business, Stephanie Brown moved to adjourn the meeting
The motion was seconded by Allison Mitchell

With no objections the motion passed, and the meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm.